FAQs: Find a part
Why use Motorbreaker.co.uk?
- Motorbreaker.co.uk helps you to find the right part, easily, quickly and efficiently.
- Completely FREE quotation service. No hidden charges!
- Fast-growing motor vehicle dismantler's network in the UK.
- Our breakers can supply ANY branded part for a car, van or truck.
- Quick and easy for our customers' convenience.
- Most of our network suppliers deliver WORLDWIDE!
- 100's of breakers, offered in parts, are available to view online.
How can I trust the dismantler?
MotorBreaker.co.uk carries out thorough checks on the members' service, before accepting their application. Members' performance is carefully monitored to ensure they abide by our Code of Conduct. Online quotes are the most secure as only authorised suppliers can use this method of communication.
What is MotorBreaker.co.uk's success rate for spares?
It depends on the part being requested whether popular or rare! Our suppliers store millions of parts and the website offers a service that is far more efficient than a breaker yard.
What savings can be made if using recycled parts rather than new ones?
It's impossible to give a precise figure, however, when looking at the cost, you should be saving in the region of 85%.
How much does it cost for a quotation and how many requests can I make?
Our quotations are FREE. There is no limit on requests.
What do the technical abbreviations refer to when buying motor vehicle parts and accessories?
Before you purchase any motor vehicle parts or accessories make sure you are aware of the technical abbreviations used as follows:
|N/S||Near-side (which means the passenger’s side of the vehicle)|
|O/S||Off-side (which means the driver’s side of the vehicle)|
How can I determine an approximate price for motor vehicle parts that I may need to repair a Salvage motor?
You can select parts and request quotes on our ‘Find a Part’ or ‘Breakers in Parts’ service.
Alternatively, if you are searching for parts for one of our listed Salvage motors, our system automatically generates a suggested list of parts that you may need in order to repair the given Salvage motor. If the required part(s) is not listed, you can add or edit further related parts for the given vehicle and request quotes as required.
This function is very convenient and useful for buyers to determine the repair cost of the given Salvage motor prior to purchase.
Do you pass details to third parties and/or my personal details?
Can I get a quote if I don't live in the UK?
Yes – as an online company – we have customers all over the world. It's not a problem with any area or indeed any country!
Are telephone quotes acceptable?
We always recommend that you receive a written quote via Motorbreaker.co.uk website so you can confirm the supplier involved.
Is there a problem if I don't have a mobile?
Not at all. You will also be able to view your quotes online. Part of the service is to work with our customers in their most convenient format.
How much will it cost to contact the suppliers?
Telephone charges may vary. We recommend you check our supplier's profile on our website. They should explain all the charges in case you decide to contact them by phone.
How long can I hold the quote and am I obliged to buy?
No, you are not obliged to buy and can hold onto the quote as indicated by a supplier, however, we hope you will be offered a competitive quote within your budget. After receiving a quote you can compare guarantees in addition to prices. Our system has the facility to allow you to filter by parts, price or supplier as well as the total price of all your required parts. Ultimately, the choice is yours.
If I need a part urgently how long does it take to receive a quote? And what happens if you don't have a part?
If the parts are on the part finder list you will get a quote instantly. If a UK breaker has to check the stock then the response is normally within 10-30 minutes. If a part is not available when you enquire please also check our Breakers in Parts list. Our network is dismantling 100s of vehicles which are available to view online.
Guarantees and what if a part is faulty?
All our breakers offer a minimum guarantee of 30 to 120 days. All parts are tested before being sent out so it is unlikely that you would receive a faulty part. If this is the case, contact the supplier upon receipt so they can organise a return or refund. If you have a problem, contact us at MotorBreaker.co.uk and we will liaise with the supplier directly. Please note you should check the parts before signing the courier's delivery. After this point, it is difficult to claim a part has been damaged when it has been signed for as received in perfect condition.
Can I leave feedback?
We strive to maintain the highest standards. You can also recommend a friend by giving them our website or asking them to join us on social media such as Facebook. We always recommend feedback being left on the service received.
We have a star rating system:
5* = Excellent
4* = Very Good
3-4* = Some complaints
1-2* = Complaints that need resolution.
It is up to the customers who they use to supply their parts but it is always worth noting the suppliers' track record. As part of the service, we advise our customers to check our suppliers customer reviews, terms and conditions and delivery option.
If you have any questions, contact the supplier via our messenger or provided contact details. You can then decide and choose the best offer and price.
How do I pay for my part?
We recommend using STRIPE and you will not need to have an account. Major debit and credit cards can also be used and once payment has been made, you will be automatically notified via email, with confirmation of your purchase.
NOTE! You must always receive a purchase confirmation by email! Do not pay by cash or through money transfer companies such as Western Union as this does not offer any form of payment protection. Paying via this medium negates any protection and is therefore at the customers' own financial risk.
If you have a problem or faulty part and are unable to resolve with the seller direct, contact our Resolution Centre will intervene in order to resolve the problem.
Why pay by debit/credit card?
Because you have more protection if using a credit/debit card (than if using cash) under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - Section 75 which covers items costing over £100 and up to £30,000.
How quickly will it be delivered?
When ordering parts you should confirm with a supplier first when you should expect to receive your part. Please note some parts may take longer. If you need a part urgently this service may incur an extra charge. Please advise the supplier when making the order.
What if my question is not on your FAQs page?
FIND A PART ADVICE
Getting your quotes
- You should receive your quote(s) within 10-30 minutes of the part being requested.
- Log into your account to check full details.
- If contacted by telephone by a supplier, ensure that you have received a quote from them via MotorBreaker.co.uk before making the purchase.
Ordering your parts
- Take details of any supplier that calls you.
- When making the purchase, double-check if it is the right part for your vehicle. If possible, check the part numbers to be absolutely sure.
- Check price, warranties, condition, delivery, cost and total fee including VAT before making the purchase.
- Use a debit/credit card/STRIPE (you do not need an account) to make the purchase (per Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 75). To protect your financial position DO NOT USE CASH or transfer using money transfer companies.
- Be assured your purchase is safe and secure through our website.
Receiving your parts
- Please note you should check the parts before signing the courier's delivery advice. After this point, it is difficult to claim a part has been damaged when it has been signed for as received in perfect condition.
- All parts are tested before being sent out so it is unlikely that you would receive a faulty part. If this is the case, contact the suppliers upon receipt so they could organise a return or refund. If you have a problem, contact us at MotorBreaker.co.uk and we will liaise with the supplier direct.